Tuesday 15 May 2012

Reflection and Evaluation of Filming

I have really enjoyed this project, it was completely mad at times sourcing things up to the very last second but it has been amazing and I have learnt so much. 

Independently researching something that needs to be perfect has driven me to strive to be as knowledgeable as I can about an era, in this case the 1920's. The way that I have had to take in this knowledge and apply it directly, for me has been amazing as I am not usually fantastic at the understanding behind all the things we are taught, but learning independently has let me discover a lot of these things by myself. 
I can honestly say I hadn't got the best knowledge about the 1920's before this project but I have learnt so much about the reasons why they did things and the influence as to why changes were made, I have loved being able to tell people little nuggets of information that at a general glance at the era you wouldn't find out, for example the sequins made from wax, Amazing! 

Working with the Film course has been fab, they are all so passionate about what they do and it has been great to work in a team and see how each role functions in that team, creating something fabulous at the end, or at least I hope so! 
I can honestly say I have put my heart and soul into this project. I have loved every second and it has been a valuable learning curve, I have worked under pressure to a deadline and achieved something that I am really proud of even though I have only seen the rough cut so far!!

I cannot wait to work on the grad films next year!!  

Screen Shot, Portrait of Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment